My goal is to ensure that people acquire the skills to fulfill their job function in the most effective, efficient and satisfying way in support of personal, business and national goals.
I have more than 20 years of experience in all aspects of learning and offer the following services:
- Learning strategy consulting
- Learning needs analysis (including job analysis)
- Curriculum and course instructional design (including NQF alignment)
- Learning delivery and other facilitation
- Learning material design
- Online learning development (including system simulations and assessments as well as knowledge-based material)
- Printed learning and support material development (including system-reference and business process documentation)
- Assessment design and development
If you need to develop skills in this area, I can help you do that also. See Presentation Skills and Facilitation Skills for more information. Contact me on +27 (0)72 614 6010 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are looking for well-designed training materials (full course materials, activities, presentations) that you can customise for your own needs and use in-house, see MyTrainingResources. Combine the customised materials with either of the two courses listed above or use them on their own!
My experience includes:
- Teaching history and geography in high school in Malawi (1 year)
- Facilitating first year university workshops in the USA (4 years)
- Designing and helping to facilitate consultant skills training for USA-based company (2 years)
Designing and developing comprehensive learner support materials (including online and printed system-reference and business process documentation) for multiple large system implementations (PeopleSoft and Oracle) as well as delivering training for a USA-based consulting company (5 years)
- Performing detailed role-based learning needs analyses, designing and developing comprehensive learner support materials (including online and printed system-reference and business process documentation, quick-reference materials, and process-centered training materials and assessments) for multiple systems (especially SAP) and delivering role-based training for a South African consulting company (3 years)
- Performing detailed role-based learning needs analyses, designing and developing comprehensive learner support materials (including online and printed system-reference and business process documentation, e-learning modules, quick-reference materials, process-centered and NQF-aligned training materials and assessments) for multiple systems (Lotus Notes, Hogan, Phoenix) and role-based knowledge areas for South African clients in the financial services industry, as well as delivering role-based and soft-skills training (7 years)
- "Martha has superb consultative skills, remarkable technical skills, and a commitment to quality that is second to none.”
- "Martha was one of the most sought-after consultants I worked with at Usertech/Canterbury. Her ability to learn any software system is uncanny; more importantly, she has the critical ability to help others learn it as well. Her crisp needs analysis assures learners get the right information initially, and she can craft in-depth support materials to assure learners can continue to expand their knowledge thereafter. Her facilitation skills are excellent, both one-on-one and in a classroom setting. I found her to be a superb learning professional."
- Facilitate the Learning (US 9958), G & K Gray Training, registered with the ETDP SETA 2004
- Design and Develop Assessments (US 7975), G & K Gray Training, registered with the ETDP SETA 2004
- Plan and Design the Learning (US 9955), G & K Gray Training, registered with the ETDP SETA 2004
- Plan and Conduct Assessments (US 7978), Drum Academy, registered with the ETDP SETA 2003